Friday, July 13, 2007

What I miss in my life :-

Living far, far away from Family is definitely wat people wud mention as the first thing they miss in their life -- But for me, the priorities are little re-arranged

1. First and foremost, half saree aka davani ---- Like the different phases in Baasha song, one of the dress phase is davani in a girl's life. Once married, you no longer wear half saree anymore and start to wear saree rather. My last chance to wear half saree was before my marriage, and yes i did make the full use of it. The last day i wore it being "Mangili Pundugal" aka sumangali prathanai -- A function where all the ladies in the family pay tribute to the sumangalis who passed away in ones family. Done before marriage by the elders in the family, in order for the girl to follow the sumangalis. Ofcourse, am I gonna strictly abide to the rules to not wear half saree now?? Perhaps my strong motivation to lose all the weight hv gained so far wud be definitely to wear half saree again (altho definitely only before my mom and my brother)

2. Saravana Bhavan -- Guess requires no further explanation

3. College study hols --- Loved the study hols...esp, coz all my close friends from college sendhu adicha koothu...ofcourse we were good students, so studies first --we will meet around 9-10ish and study till 3pm everyday taking a break for an hr for lunch. evening 3ku mela fun time...playing antakshari and visiting venkateshwara boli stall (the very mention of the shop makes my husband, then my best friend go mad (should i put wild rather) on me.

4. My uncle TVS Champ --well i dont think i can handle chennai traffic anymore (for when i went to chennai in 03, my close friend gave me his Scooty and asked me to take a ride -- and facing the stray dogs, pedestrians was enuf to raise my pressure. And of course, my friend decided not to insult his bike (wat shld i call scooty as?) anymore coz i was riding behind one cyclist (shame on me)

5. Aunty mia --- Born and brought up in a colony, evening after 8pm is fun time with all ladies assembling in one place to discuss their day along with enga anga vishayam (ofcourse with the mega serial fever, the association did break, but i will miss this all thro)

6. Current (Power) cut in India -- Hate it during the day, and nite after 11pm, but in between current cut super jollya irukum...All the kids in our building wud assemble upstairs and do all the fun activities..Periyavanga aagita peragu, activity was just talking talkin talkin ---time for gossips ofcourse ----But needless miss Welcome Colony for we nolonger live there anymore.

7. Staying in-line with the fashion around -- seri, seri, with respect to sarees atleast

8. <25 yr old ---I guess this should be ranked foremost for i hv stopped celebrating my bdays with the very thought of gettin old (ofcourse wise)

9. DALLAS - Again should appear in the top --Life as a student making very less $$$ differs to being employed full-time. Coz, i hated Dallas and the very idea of re-locating to Dallas brought me no good memories and made me cry day in and day out for weeks, but once i got settled there, being on my own, making good friends made me start to love the place. Infact, i loved AZ as a student, but not anymore (for i know i had no choice given other than to leave Dallas and may be one reason for my current aversion to Phx)For people who hv no clue abt Dallas and Phx, the only positive abt Dallas is the indian community with lots of indian restaurants (in phx restaurants sucks --and shld i say there is no south indian restaurant worth dining) and the disadv of phx being summer never ends (but winter sucks in dallas definitely, for i cant take a stroll if i want to, other than being indoors)

1 comment:

Rukmani Gopalan said...

Nice, you finally posted this :)